With a second strain of COVID-19 spreading across India at a worrying pace, a shortage of vaccines and an assembly election in West Bengal, please join us in prayer during these challenging times.
- Pray for those who have contracted the virus. May they recover to full health in Jesus’ name.
- Pray for their families as they face worry and uncertainty over their loved one’s health.
- Pray for health care in India as cases continue to rise.
- Pray for a resolution to the vaccine shortage.
- Pray for CRS as we continue to support and empower women and children during this time, with the added challenge of lockdown restrictions.
Thank you and God bless.
During the COVID-19 lockdown, women living in the slums across India have faced tougher challenges, in addition to the daily struggles they already experience. For many, the restrictions on their livelihood has seen an adverse effect on their family’s income. Praise God, these women did not give up. The hope they’ve found through the launch of the Freedom project has enabled them to look forward fearlessly.
Just a few highlights include:
- The Nari-Dana project has been operating for two days a week since the beginning of the pandemic. Many women are continuing to work from home when they can’t attend the production centres.
- The women have been busy producing masks for various big buyers including Larsen & Toubro and SASHA amongst others.
- Transport and food allowances have been provided to enable the women to attend centres during the lockdown period.
Thanks to funds raised through St Peter’s Church and Derby Diocesan Schools, CRS are in the process of building a new combined school and community centre in one of our most deprived project locations, Brace Bridge. With children in this area frequently falling victim to exploitation, abuse and violence, projects such as this are key in providing education and opportunities for the younger generation. Read more about our work in Brace Bridge here.